Suspect Of Attacking Three People With Acid Arrested In London



The authorities launched “an urgent manhunt to identify and arrest the man responsible for this horrific attack”, which resulted in the arrest of the suspect “in the early hours of this morning”.


A 35-year-old man was arrested this Thursday on suspicion of carrying out an attack with an acidic substance that killed three people outside a school in west London, England, on Monday.


 

A 14-year-old girl is in a serious condition, while a 16-year-old teenager has been hospitalized but is not in danger. A 27-year-old member of staff who had gone to the aid of the pupils at Westminster Abbey was taken to hospital and released shortly afterwards.


“The investigation team has been working tirelessly to piece together the events in which two young victims, aged 16 and 14, were approached outside the school by a lone man who threw a substance at them before running off,” said Detective Superintendent Scott Ware, quoted by Sky News.


He said that the authorities had launched “an urgent manhunt to identify and arrest the man responsible for this horrific attack”, which resulted in the suspect being arrested “in the early hours of this morning”.



“The 14-year-old girl suffered serious injuries and has returned to hospital after doctors released her. It may be some time before we know the true extent of the seriousness of her injuries but, at the moment, they are being treated as life-threatening. The 16-year-old boy has already been released from hospital and, fortunately, his injuries are not as serious as the young woman's,” he added. Corey McFarlane, the father of the 14-year-old girl, told The Evening Standard that his daughter is stable, but “is very traumatized”.“She's very frightened by her injuries. 


She's a young girl and these scars could be for life. She's very worried about it and has been asking about it,” he said, noting that the girl had suffered burns to the left side of her face.


Two police officers were also taken to hospital “as a precaution”, as they reported feeling unwell.


The school was closed on Tuesday due to “unforeseen circumstances”, but students were able to attend classes online.


The girl's family has launched a fundraiser to cover the costs of hospital treatment, having raised 9,845 pounds (11,701 euros) of a target of 15,000 pounds (17,829 euros) so far.