Death Toll In The Gaza Strip Rises To 37,598



At least 47 more deaths have been recorded in the last 24 hours, the ministry said in a statement.


In addition, the organization said that in the nine months that the war has been going on, 86,032 people have been injured in the Palestinian territory.


The ongoing conflict in the Gaza Strip was triggered by an attack by the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas on Israeli soil on October 7, 2023, which caused around 1,200 deaths and two hundred hostages, according to the Israeli authorities.


Since then, Tel Aviv has launched an offensive in the Gaza Strip that has so far caused more than 37,000 deaths and more than 85,000 injuries, according to the authorities in the Palestinian enclave, controlled by Hamas since 2007.


An estimated 10,000 Palestinians remain buried in the rubble after nearly nine months of war.


The conflict has also caused almost two million displaced people, plunging the overcrowded and impoverished Palestinian enclave into a serious humanitarian crisis with more than 1.1 million people in a "catastrophic famine" that is claiming victims - "the highest number ever recorded" by the UN in studies on food security in the world.


Also in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, at least 520 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces or settler attacks since October 7.