North Korea Fired Ballistic Missile For First Time In 2 Months



North Korea fired a ballistic missile into its eastern waters today, South Korean military sources said.



The South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a brief statement that the launch took place on Thursday morning, but gave no details.


 

This firing, which was North Korea's first for more than two months, comes three days after North Korean leader Kim Jong Un promised to double his efforts to make his nuclear force ready for combat with the US and its allies.


Kim made this statement, emphasizing that North Korea faces a ‘grave threat’ due to what he considered an ‘irresponsible expansion’ of the US-led military bloc that is evolving to be nuclear-based.


Last week, North Korea returned to the practice of launching balloons containing rubbish towards South Korea.


Since 2022, North Korea has significantly accelerated its weapons testing activities, with the aim of perfecting them and making them capable of attacking the US and South Korea.


The US and South Korea have responded by expanding joint military maneuvers, which North Korea considers to be rehearsals for invasion.