Last week, the death of Korean actress Kim Sae-ron was once again in the news in South Korea. It turns out that the JTBC website leaked the last message that the actress sent to actor Kim Soo-hyun, who is being accused of causing her death. Among the messages, Kim pleaded: “let me live.”
According to an aunt of the actress, the two dated when Kim was still a minor, while Soo-hyun was already an adult.
The message leaked by the website said the following: “Oppa, it’s Saeron. I received a legal notice. Are you really suing me? You said you would give me enough time, so I’m working hard to make a comeback. I’m planning to pay you back little by little with each project. It’s not like I won’t pay you – I just can’t come up with R$2.7 million all at once. It’s not like I’m refusing, I literally can’t. Does this really need to go to court? Please… just give me a little more time. I'm begging you. Let me live.”
The Kim Soo-hyun case
In 2022, Kim Sae-ron was involved in a drunk driving incident, which damaged her image and professional opportunities. At the time, Gold Medalist reportedly paid 700 million won (about R$2.7 million) to cover the damages and preserve the actress's reputation. However, according to Sae-ron's family, in 2024, the agency began demanding reimbursement of this amount, further worsening her financial situation.
Due to the controversy, Kim Soo-hyun broke off the relationship and disassociated his image from her. His agency, Gold Medalist, charged 700 million won (about R$2.7 million) without demanding immediate reimbursement. However, two years later, Sae-ron was charged the amount. When she tried to contact Soo-hyun, she was ignored. Desperate due to financial difficulties, she posted a photo with him on Instagram, trying to get his attention. Unfortunately, on her ex-boyfriend's birthday, Sae-ron took his own life.
According to her family, Kim Sae-ron tried to contact Kim Soo-hyun for help, but received no response. In an attempt to draw attention to the situation, the actress posted a photo with the actor on her social media. Shortly after, Gold Medalist released an official statement stating that Sae-ron was trying to tarnish Soo-hyun's image.
Repercussion of the Kim Sae-ron case
Kim Sae-ron's death on February 16, 2025, which coincides with Kim Soo-hyun's 37th birthday, raised questions about the pressures she had been under. The family maintains that the actress's emotional and financial challenges influenced her final choice.
In a response to the allegations, Gold Medalist vehemently denied any connection between Kim Soo-hyun and the hardships Kim Sae-ron experienced. In an official statement, the agency described the family’s claims as “false and baseless,” and said it will take legal action against those who spread slanderous information. Kim Soo-hyun has not yet personally commented on the situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment