Israel's "No Site" Will Be Spared in Case of War, Says Hezbollah



The enemy knows perfectly well that we are prepared for the worst (...). You know that no place (...) will be spared by our missiles", he said in a speech broadcast on television, adding: "You must wait for us on land, by sea and by air".


In his speech, Nasrallah also threatened Cyprus if the island decides to make its airports and bases available to Israel in the event of a war against its movement in Lebanon.


"Opening Cypriot airports and bases to the Israeli enemy to attack Lebanon would mean that the Cypriot government is an integral part of the war," he said.


In his speech, the Lebanese Shiite cleric assured that his formation currently has more than 100,000 fighters and revealed that several allied movements have offered to send militias to Lebanon to fight Israel.


"We have exceeded 100,000 fighters and that exceeds the needs of the [combat] front, even in the worst conditions of a war", guaranteed Nasrallah.


In this sense, he added that the leaders of several regional "resistance" formations contacted Hezbollah about sending fighters to Lebanon, a suggestion that was currently rejected due to the "sufficient number of members" in its ranks.


"We told them that what we have is enough, including too much, for the battle," Nasrallah said in his speech.


On Tuesday, Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz threatened Hezbollah with destruction following a "total war", at a time when cross-border clashes between the Tel Aviv Army and the Lebanese movement are intensifying.


"We are very close to the moment when we will decide to change the rules of the game against Hezbollah and Lebanon. In an all-out war, Hezbollah will be destroyed and Lebanon will be hit hard," Katz said in an official statement and in a message posted on social media X.


In parallel, Hezbollah confirmed today the death of three fighters following Israeli attacks in southern Lebanon, and when a US envoy returned to Israel after meetings with Lebanese official officials.


The Lebanese media referred to multiple Israeli attacks along the border and in a region north of the coastal city of Tyre, around 30 kilometers from the border.


The powerful Lebanese Shiite movement did not specify the place or time of the death of the three fighters, according to the Al Manar television station, linked to this formation, which has so far confirmed around 350 deaths in combat.


For its part, the Israeli military indicated that two rocket launches by Hezbollah damaged several vehicles in northern Israel.


Amos Hochstein, special envoy of United States President Joe Biden, returned to Israel after meetings held on Tuesday in Lebanon. No information was revealed about possible progress in efforts to avoid a large-scale war in the region.


Still in Beirut, Hochstein stated that a "political and rapid" solution to the conflict "is in everyone's interest", before stressing the need to "prevent further escalation between Israel and Lebanon and an open war", despite the situation on the border "being extremely dangerous".


Cross-border clashes between Israel and Hezbollah, an ally of Hamas, broke out following the incursion of the Palestinian Islamist movement into Israel on October 7, 2023, with an immediate and devastating intervention by the Israeli Army in the Gaza Strip.


Hezbollah claims it has carried out more than 2,100 military operations against Israel since October 8, and last week intensified its attacks against military targets in the north of the country after the death of one of its top commanders in an Israeli airstrike.


More than eight months of violence have caused at least 473 deaths in Lebanon, most of them fighters from the Lebanese Shiite movement, and 92 civilians, according to the AFP news agency.


According to Israel, 15 soldiers and 11 Israeli civilians were killed in the same period.


The ongoing war between Israel and Hamas was triggered by an unprecedented attack by the Palestinian Islamist group on Israeli soil on October 7, which caused around 1,200 deaths and more than two hundred hostages, according to Israeli authorities.


In retaliation, Israel launched an offensive in the Gaza Strip that has already caused more than 37,000 deaths, according to Hamas, which has controlled the territory since 2007.