The site near where Jay Slater's body was found is being searched again by search teams and search dogs. The authorities want to ensure that nothing goes unnoticed in the dense vegetation that covers the area.
The site being searched is about 1.6 kilometers from where the young Briton's cell phone was last traced. One local resident told Sky News that it is “extremely difficult” to walk around the site safely.
Another resident said that “it's hard to understand how the young man ended up there”.
Jay Slater's body was found on Monday and the identity of the corpse was confirmed on Tuesday by a court spokesman, after fingerprints examined in an autopsy matched those of the young man. It had previously been revealed that Jay Slater's documents had been recovered along with the body discovered.
The boy had been missing since June 17, after taking part in a music festival in Playa de Las Americas.
Jay Slater disappeared while trying to return to the AirBnb where he was staying. A search operation was set up for the young man, involving agents from various police forces, helicopters, drones and specialized search dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment