Houthi Rebels Claim to Have Attacked Israel With 'Drones'



Yemen's Houthi rebels, backed by Iran, claimed today to have carried out a drone attack against Israel.


The Hutis carried out “a military operation targeting an important target in the Jaffa region (a district of Tel Aviv) in occupied Palestine with a series of drones,” said their military spokesman, Yahya Saree, without specifying when the attack took place.


 

“The drones hit their target without the enemy being able to intercept or shoot them down,” Yahya Saree added.


The Israeli army said during the night that it had “intercepted a suspicious aerial target off the coast of the Dan region in central Israel”, without giving further details.


On Wednesday, the Hutis had already claimed to have fired three missiles at Israel, a day after an Iranian missile attack on Israeli territory.


The Hutis, who control large areas of Yemen, are part of the “axis of resistance” against Israel, which brings together Iranian-backed movements in the region, such as the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas, the Lebanese Shiite group Hezbollah and even Iraqi groups.


Since the beginning of the war in the Gaza Strip, triggered on October 7, 2023 after an unprecedented Hamas attack on Israel, the Yemeni rebels have carried out several attacks against Israel and ships allegedly linked to it in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden.